1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for my original 1976 Fender Precision Maple Fretless Bass Neck

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Soundprophet, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Soundprophet

Soundprophet

Feb 9, 2018
    Hello, Ive been trying to locate my original 1976 fretless Precision maple neck. I still have the original 76 Precision body and pickguard with the serial number sticker on back of pickguard. This same serial number appears on the front of the headstock...the Serial number is 76- 47836. I live on Long Island. I foolishly traded it in to DeMarinos guitar shop for a Warmoth fretted neck around 1990. Was just a kid, didnt know any better. If anyone has this neck ( it could be a part of a whole bass by now) please let me know. I would love to find it, and put it back on its original body, and have my old original bass restored....thank you, Joe

TimBosby likes this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Good luck. If there were ever a place to find a bass needle in a bass haystack, it's here on good old Talkbass!!

Obese Chess and Soundprophet like this.
  3. Rocinante_x1

Rocinante_x1 Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose Gold Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Washington State
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021