Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for my stolen bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Professor X, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    I just had the idea to try posting..

Last halloween my bass was stolen out of my car in the Minneapolis, MN area. I thought i'd put up a posting and hope someone out there can help me.

It was a 5 string bass I built myself using Warmoth parts.

Ash Body (tung oil finish)
    Maple neck and fingerboard with a decal that read "Typhoon Custom Basses"
    Bartolini J-pickups and 18 volt NTMB pre
    It had chrome hardware except for the knobs
    Two were stacked black knobs for the Volume and high/low EQ and the mid knob was a silver "skull knob"

The bass was in a black "coffin case" (shaped like a coffin) and had a black Dimarzio "locking strap"

If anyone out there has ANY info, please let me know, I really miss this bass!

2. tim4003

tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I wish you ALL the luck in the world, my friend!
    Hope you hear something.

3. Post a pic... I know it's after the fact, but if it gets around and is recognised. Well, stranger things have happened!

4. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    Good Idea! Here's a pic from a photo shoot i did a couple months before it got stolen.

[​IMG]

5. I'll keep my eyes open. Man, the thief deserves to be tortured before he's killed! Out of curiosity, where did it happen?

6. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    Robbinsdale, in front of my house at the time.

7. Robbinsdale of all places (I play at the Breakaway every so often)! It's probably in a pawnshop in N. Mpls. I'll keep a heads up. Good luck!

8. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    wow, you do look like prof. x, hehe. and i hope you find it, looks like a sweet bass. haven't we gotten basses returned on here before?

9. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Motown
    lmao thanks (now if only Patrick stewart hadn't gotten my part in the movie) I sure am hoping i can get a lead on it, I was listening to a recording of it last night and it made me miss it even more.