Looking for my stolen bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Professor X, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    I just had the idea to try posting..

Last halloween my bass was stolen out of my car in the Minneapolis, MN area. I thought i'd put up a posting and hope someone out there can help me.

It was a 5 string bass I built myself using Warmoth parts.

Ash Body (tung oil finish)
    Maple neck and fingerboard with a decal that read "Typhoon Custom Basses"
    Bartolini J-pickups and 18 volt NTMB pre
    It had chrome hardware except for the knobs
    Two were stacked black knobs for the Volume and high/low EQ and the mid knob was a silver "skull knob"

The bass was in a black "coffin case" (shaped like a coffin) and had a black Dimarzio "locking strap"

If anyone out there has ANY info, please let me know, I really miss this bass!
  2. tim4003

Apr 30, 2002
    Dawsonville , GA
    I wish you ALL the luck in the world, my friend!
    Hope you hear something.
  3. Post a pic... I know it's after the fact, but if it gets around and is recognised. Well, stranger things have happened!
  4. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Good Idea! Here's a pic from a photo shoot i did a couple months before it got stolen.

5. I'll keep my eyes open. Man, the thief deserves to be tortured before he's killed! Out of curiosity, where did it happen?
  6. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    Robbinsdale, in front of my house at the time.
  7. Robbinsdale of all places (I play at the Breakaway every so often)! It's probably in a pawnshop in N. Mpls. I'll keep a heads up. Good luck!
  8. kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    wow, you do look like prof. x, hehe. and i hope you find it, looks like a sweet bass. haven't we gotten basses returned on here before?
  9. Professor X

Professor X

Apr 15, 2002
    lmao thanks (now if only Patrick stewart hadn't gotten my part in the movie) I sure am hoping i can get a lead on it, I was listening to a recording of it last night and it made me miss it even more.