1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for new bass - suggestions, tips, advice.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Toby Batchelor, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Hey everyone,

I'm a new member, looking for advice on buying a new bass. I've found the forum very helpful in the past!

I play in a psychedelic/hiphop/jazz/rock act called Pow! Negro out of Perth, Western Australia and am in the market for a new bass! I'm chasing something 4-string, with a nice low-end, warm and relatively affordable. I'm pretty poor (being a student and musician) so am looking for real bang for buck. I'm looking around the $600 USD mark plus shipping. I really love the look of thru-necks and I have a preference for something that isn't a P or J, purely because they're everywhere.

At the moment I play an Epi Viola because it was the first bass I bought, was a bass noob and wasn't in the band at the time.

I'd really love to see what you guys think, would be awesome to find something on the forum but do have concerns about buying online without playing the bass.

Thanks and peace and love and happy new year!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  2. Crusher47

Crusher47 Tattoo'ed Freak Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Fort Worth, TX
    Used Fender P or J bass