1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for new cab's

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nitrofix, Apr 21, 2010.

1. nitrofix

nitrofix Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Miami Fl
    Hey all, I use a Hartke Ha 3500 head with a 4 10'' Xl cab right now and would like to change cabs to something a little warmer and lighter..Thinking about a couple of GK Neo 112's..use one for smaller gigs and use both for the bigger gigs..Does anyone use this combo, if so what do you think or does someone use a 3500 head with something else..Will be switching to a GK head or maybe something else in the near future...Any input would be appreciated....Thanks

2. Barisaxman

Barisaxman Gold Supporting Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    I just picked up a TC Electronics RH212 today...after comparing it side by side with an Eden and a couple of Mesa Boogie cabinets. The TC just had a lot smoother, warmer sound than the others. I was using the same amp on all, same settings, etc...just switching cabinets, and the differences were really very prominent.

3. uhdinator

uhdinator

Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    ha 3500 Power: 350 watts at 4 ohms, 250 watts at 8 ohms
    So you can run 2 cabs they need to be 8 ohm cabs 175w each cab
    if you run one cab you want a 4 ohm 350w cab and you can't run 2 cabs later.
    4 ohm is the minimum load for your amp.

Look for cabs with specs close to this that fit your budget.