1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for New Head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Thrashachusetts, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Right now I'm looking between getting an Ampeg SVT II-Pro (or a non-pro if I can find one for a good price) and a Marshall VBA400. Anyone have any experience with these? The type of tone I'm looking for is shown here:

http://www.myspace.com/midwesternstylingsgjaw

Listen to the 2nd song on that myspace (Two Tabs of Mescaline). I already have/use a Fulltone Bassdrive pedal that will help with that overdriven sound.

Any other suggestions (Aguilar, Eden, etc) would be appreciated too! Thanks guys.

2. tomas_almeida

tomas_almeida

Oct 5, 2007
    Portugal
    The Orange AD200 is a great all tube amp, I actually preer it over the newer SVTs. I've never tried an older one though, I would like to.

3. Yeah, I've heard mixed reviews on the Oranges. I've heard personally that they can get kind of farty at higher levels. Also unless I can find one used it's way out of my price range. I would love to be able to afford an Orange one day, but right now I'm trying to stick between 1000-1600 dollars roughly and I believe those Oranges are something like 2200.

4. anyone?