1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for new performing amp. Help needed :)

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by Eoipa, Oct 31, 2010.

1. Orange

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Fender

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Ampeg

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Other

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  1. Eoipa

Eoipa

Oct 31, 2010
    So previously I used an Ibanez Amp. I can't remember what it's called, but here's an image.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...a=X&ei=Pu7NTLnmJpKcsQPkmZDlDg&ved=0CEcQ9QEwBA

Anyways, I accidently blew the amp so whenever I play any notes on the E string, the sound starts to get distorted and sounds terrible. I probably want to get it fixed, but also would like to know what's a good amp for performing at venues at a good price. The Venue is a small local venue, nothing big. What's the best quality and durability. I'm looking at 500$ at the most. My friend told me Ampeg or Orange, but I'm still searching. Something that will pump a lot of sound while not dying out and staying reliable. Probably only going to get a combo, b/c lack of money.

Help is greatly appreciated!

2. popgadget

popgadget Commercial User

Sep 4, 2005
    Eastern, PA USA
    Authorized Greenboy Designs Builder, Scabbey Road
    I use a Shuttle 9 with variety of cabs depending on the situation. Most often it's an Ampeg 410HLN. The shuttle's DI is great, as long as you have adequate PA support, you only need enough cabinet to hear yourself.

3. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Song Surgeon slow downer. https://tinyurl.com/y5dcuqjg
  4. Great 1st post dude, iow.. "recommend me a real bass rig for less than 500 bucks"
    Used and working.
    Check out BFM diy cabs if you want new. VT pedal and a cheap used power amp.