1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for NJ or eastern PA retailer with RH750/RS210/RS212 in stock

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Plaz, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Plaz

Plaz

Sep 7, 2006
    North-Central NJ
    Anyone know of a retailer in NJ or eastern PA that has the TC Electronics RH750, RS210, and RS212 in stock?

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on buying this setup, but I'd be a LOT more comfortable if I could try it first. I'd probably buy it from the retailer if the price differential (vs. internet retailers) isn't obscene, to support them for stocking it.

I've already visited Guitar Center in Springfield and Somerville, and Sam Ash in Springfield... none of them keep these in their store.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks so much.

2. JBNeedsBeer

JBNeedsBeer Supporting Member

May 13, 2011
    New Brunswick, NJ
    I have never seen these at any retailers in NJ and I do tend to get around a lot. Definitely not in East Brunswick, Paramus, or West Paterson. I tried looking it up at Russo, Robbie's, and NJ Guitar and Bass Center but no one seems to sell them. Sounds like you may have to make the trip into NYC or try combing through craigslist.

3. Plaz

Plaz

Sep 7, 2006
    North-Central NJ
    Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. If worse comes to worse I'll go with an online retailer with a good return policy I guess, or have one of the local stores order it. For such a popular amp among the "bass cognoscenti," I'm surprised it's not routinely kept on premises in the brick and mortar stores.

Thanks.

4. Tractorr

Tractorr

Aug 23, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Did you call the Cherry Hills GC and Samash. Luckily they are in the same shopping center by the Cherry Hills mall so you can browse both if it is a bit of a drive.

5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Naz, make sure that you have the ability to return for a full refund. The TCE amps are very much a love/hate relationship. They sound good but with the very limited wattage available might not be able to keep up with a full band.

6. 4-string

4-string

Jul 23, 2006
    Norway
    Have you ever tried this setup? I agree that it has a voicing that doesn't work for everyone, but the wattage "issue" is no issue. At all.

Voicing yes, volume no way.

I have briefly a/b'ed my RH750 and GK MB800. I could not tell which one was louder

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Not PA or NJ, but 30th Street Guitars in Manhattan has/had one, I've played through it a few times.

8. fisticuffs

fisticuffs

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    I have the RH450 and have never thought I needed more power.

9. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    Used it on a supplied backline once. At low volumes it sounded OK, as soon as the band started I was lost.

10. Plaz

Plaz

Sep 7, 2006
    North-Central NJ
    Thanks everyone! I just went ahead and bought online, from retailers with good return policies (no restocking fees). If I find it's not for me, I'll just need to pay for the shipping... not exactly peanuts, but a calculated risk I'm comfortable with.

I also decided to go with three cabs -- 2 210s and a 212.

11. That's a great setup as far as flexibility goes (if you need or want that aspect). I ran 2 RS210s and an RS212 for a while. Excellent mix-match options. Because of my needs, I pretty much ended up using a single 212 most of the time. Wishing I hadn't sold them all off now.

In terms of being modular and not using the whole stack, an RS210 is a really easy carry, a single 212 does a lot of work, and 2x210 does a little bit more.

12. grey area

grey area

Sep 2, 2009
    almeria spain
    i think you will be happy with your cab choice. i have 2 RS 2x12s and a RS 210 that i use with a GK MB 500 fusion and the cabs sound great. i while back i was useing a PH 1x15 with the 210 and the 15 developed a fault and i carried the rest of the gig with the 210. its not something i would want to do again as we are pretty loud but i was pleasantly suprised at the amount of volume i got from the 210 in this emergency situation.i love the form of the TC RS cabs also and would imagine they would sound good with your amp.
    good luck.

13. Plaz

Plaz

Sep 7, 2006
    North-Central NJ
    Right, thanks, that's exactly what I'm thinking. I play with several different groups in very different genres and settings, and I'm hoping this sort of lightweight modular setup will always let me bring just a little more rig than is necessary for each situation.

I got really tired of hauling my 100 lb. Eden 410XLT and six space rack for light jazz trio gigs. A single 212 should do for those... slightly more aggressive gigs should be fine with a couple of 210s, and for the loud rock and roll party and club (or even more so, outdoor) gigs I can use all three cabs.

Wow, I'd be very nervous trying to keep up in almost any setting other than maybe an acoustic coffeehouse gig with only a single 210. But that's really reassuring to know it can step up if necessary.

I'm used to a 410 cab, and the tightness and punchiness inherent with those, so I doubled up on the 10s instead of the 12s. I can see how two 212s and a 210 could push some serious air though!