1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for opinions about the Fender Tony Franklin Fretless P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jim Dandy, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Jim Dandy

Jim Dandy

Sep 20, 2009
    I'm new to the forum and coming back to the low end after too many years. I've always been a fan of the fretless sound and am looking at picking up a fretless bass soon.

I recently noticed the Fender Tony Franklin Fretless P-bass and it seems to have all the features I'm looking for in a fretless bass. I was hoping that someone who owns one and has more experience with it could give me their thoughts on it.

Also if someone could point me in the right direction to find one, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks again and best regards!

2. blmeier7

blmeier7 Supporting Member

May 7, 2006
    Amarillo, TX
    A couple of months back I bought the fretted version and it is a great bass. Tons of tonal options and the construction is very nice. There are others on here with the fretless version that can give you more details.

3. René_Julien

René_Julien

Jun 26, 2008
    Belgium
    I've been playing for 10 years, 9 years exclusively fretless.

I got me a Tony Franklin fretless last year.
    The best fretless bass I ever layed my hands on. (off the rack fretless that is)

Seriously, it's hard to find better fretless basses without going on the boutique market. But then again this is my opinion and taste differs for everyone.
    It's pricey. But for me it was worth it.

Really a great bass, I just love it.