1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for opinions on Aguilar Covers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RexNFX79, Mar 16, 2009.

1. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    I'm thinking about getting a cover for my DB 810 from Aguilar. These are listed on their website as padded covers. Since I load the amp myself and it's not going into a tour bus or trailer I thought I'd try a cover as opposed to getting some heavy case for it. Anybody use the Aguilar covers? How do they hold up? Did you find them worth the purchase? Thanks for the input!

2. I had soft covers on my Berg cabs which held up really well. The edges stretched after a while as they dragged a little on the floor, but over all definitely worth it.

I have an aguilar cover on my DB750 and its pretty sturdy. No complaints so far. My DB412 is coming with a cover to, i'll let you know how that goes.

3. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    Thanks for the input! Anyone else?

4. CosmicRay

CosmicRay Supporting Member

I've used soft padded covers on a GS 212 and a GS 112.
    They hold up.
    Also used soft padded covers on Epi 410 & Epi 115
    But I have realized that only a few companies make all the covers for these cabs. Most are by Tuki, if I'm not mistaken, so if your have some time, it may be worth the research to save a few bucks,if you don't mind a generic cover...

5. bagman

bagman

Sep 28, 2005
    SE Florida
    Bought the augy cover for my GS 412. Great cover has held doing 6 to 12 gigs a month for 3 years, still in great shape. The padding is excellent. When I bought it it was on back order, when it came, it had a free shirt.

I recommend the Auggy cover with out reservation.

6. Lunchbox4u_6

Lunchbox4u_6

Dec 1, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I have covers on both my DB112's and they're great. They'll keep the tolex looking great for a long time.

7. voodoobassist

voodoobassist Supporting Member

Jun 9, 2008
    Tulsa , OK
    I've got the gs410 cover,..extremely padded, has held up very well for almost 3 years,...scored it off evilbay from the bassplace for 30 bucks!!!! Probably the best money I've spent in a while!

8. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Have an aguilar cover for one of my db112 and its great.
    Have a Le Cover on the other. Equally great and alot cheaper.

9. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE
    Thanks for the input. I think I'm gonna give the Aguilar Cover a go.