Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for opinions on our new songs...

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Palomorado, Aug 3, 2004.

1. Don't know what the correct forum for this is so I'll post it here.

i am looking for some feedback on the tunes that i have posted on my band's website:

http://www.aikostarmusic.com

right now it is only 3 but more will be coming.
    I am playing both bass and Chapman Stick.

any comments (positive or negative) would be great.

Thanks for listening!

2. Not even a:

"You guys really suck?"

3. YOU GUYS REALLY SU...wait, i kinda liked it!

good stuff!

4. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I like it. Modern with some cool grooves and a lady that can sing. I definately would like to hear some more.

The only negatives I have with your songs is the mixing. The vocals on the first two songs is (to me) too overpowering. I can't really hear the instruments that well. Also, the guitar distortion sounds a little muffled. The third song the mix had a nice balance until the the harder riffs came in. I felt at that point the same issues as the first two songs came in.

I asked my wife and my guitarist to listen as well and we all shared the same thoughts on the vocals. My wife didn't think the guitar sounded muffled. Thats 3 reviews for you in one post.

BTW, wife liked your music, guitarist said he didn't.

5. yeah the mix is all over the place.
    it was a soundboard recording from a live show so it was more of a document then an actual "recording".

we are going into the studio in september so all of those problems will be sorted out.

thanks for the reviews!~
    2 out of 3 is great...