Looking for opinions - SWR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bmc, Dec 30, 2004.

1. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    I was out enjoying the sunshine with the family today and drove through a small Swiss town and found a music store. Stopped in to see the goods. They have a brand spanking new SWR Basic 2 Way speaker cab. They stopped making these in 1998. This thing is new and they are letting it go for USD350. Vintage Guitar website has a used one for USD450, and I found a site in Germany that has a used one for EUR 439 or USD600.

Anyone have any experience with these? I think I'll pick it up tomorrow. The price is right from a European point of view, despite the cab being at least 7 years old.

Any thoughts?

BTW...all the best in 2005. Let's all get rich and buy all the toys we want.

2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

But I do like the Basic 2-way the best of SWR's 15" cabs! What do YOUR ears tell you?

Dan K.
  3. bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Hi Dan...couldn't agree more. I happened upon this shop in a bizarre way. We were out driving around in two cars. Visitors were behind me and they missed a turn I took, so I pulled over. Across the street was the music shop. I had no time to plug in and give it a go as the kids were in the car, etc etc.

I'm heading back in the morning. Just thought I'd ask some opinions on the cab.