Looking for opinions - SWR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bmc, Dec 30, 2004.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I was out enjoying the sunshine with the family today and drove through a small Swiss town and found a music store. Stopped in to see the goods. They have a brand spanking new SWR Basic 2 Way speaker cab. They stopped making these in 1998. This thing is new and they are letting it go for USD350. Vintage Guitar website has a used one for USD450, and I found a site in Germany that has a used one for EUR 439 or USD600.

Anyone have any experience with these? I think I'll pick it up tomorrow. The price is right from a European point of view, despite the cab being at least 7 years old.

Any thoughts?

BTW...all the best in 2005. Let's all get rich and buy all the toys we want.

ciao

Brian

2. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

But I do like the Basic 2-way the best of SWR's 15" cabs! What do YOUR ears tell you?

Dan K.

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hi Dan...couldn't agree more. I happened upon this shop in a bizarre way. We were out driving around in two cars. Visitors were behind me and they missed a turn I took, so I pulled over. Across the street was the music shop. I had no time to plug in and give it a go as the kids were in the car, etc etc.

I'm heading back in the morning. Just thought I'd ask some opinions on the cab.