Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for preamp-Demeter vs. Kern

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JPJ, Jun 8, 2001.

1. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    I am in the process of revamping my rig and am looking for a preamp. I think that I've narrowed things down to the Demeter and the Kern, and am interested to hear from those who have owned both. I've read every review ever written about these two preamps, have tried the Kern in a local music store, and have been through the talkbass archives. I know that I probably couldn't go wrong with either, but am looking for responses from those who can give a detailed, objective, and descriptive comparison/contrast of these two units. I'm specifically interested in the specific tonal differences between the two, with the understanding that the Kern offers more "shaping" ability. Thanks!

2. JPJ

JPJ

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago, IL
    Thanks for the link the the previous Demeter-Kern discussion, but I had already read those messages. There was a lot of "buy the Demeter, it rocks" and "I cast my vote for the Kern", so I'm still hoping that someone who has owned/used both will respond with more details. Thanks.