1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking For RackMount AB/Y Box

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by v-grooves, Apr 2, 2009.

1. v-grooves

v-grooves

Sep 20, 2008
    Clearwater, FL
    I know the Radial AB/Y is the preferred method of splitting my signal into two balanced paths, but I would prefer to accomplish this with a rackmount device. Does anyone know of a product or other way to accomplish this?

Also, if this was posted in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it.

Thanks,
    Vince

2. BlacksHole

BlacksHole

Mar 22, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    A long time back, Craig Anderton had given a simple schematic for one. I modified it a bit and I now have a 4 input/1 output box that I used to mount in my rack, but I devised a method to hang it securely from my mike stand sio that my cords aren't in my way as much. I can switch basses very quickly this way. If you dont want to make your own, why not consider finding a way to mount the Radial box in a way that works for you.

3. v-grooves

v-grooves

Sep 20, 2008
    Clearwater, FL
    I was thinking of mounting the radial somehow inside a rack tray or some.....thanks for your reply.

V

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    This would be an easy DIY project. I have read that people buy obsolete rack mount computer gear for next to nothing on eBay, and use the enclosures for DIY projects.

5. v-grooves

v-grooves

Sep 20, 2008
    Clearwater, FL
    I think that is my only route as I cant find anything commercially made that will meet my needs. I am thinking I may be able to use the radial and re-route the 1/4" connectors on the rack plate......might be a nice lil project.

Tnx for your input....no pun intended.

V