1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

looking for recommendations for DI Box

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by dmc12, Jan 4, 2012.

1. dmc12

dmc12

Nov 9, 2008
    Hi looking for info on di boxes for live set up,

Heres the gear that im using

Peavey cirrus bass (active)
    Ashton bass amp

Pedals
    chorus
    octave pedal
    synth pedal

All runs through a TC eletronic compressor in our rack.

What im looking for is a good quality di box that has a thru or link connection so i can use my amp as my monitor , want to get a good clean bassy sound on the pa.

I play with a covers pop band and dont use any distortions

I dont where to start with DI boxes as there seems to be so many available, dont mind spending between 200/300$ on something good

Also want to check if you have di box set up before or after pedals for best sound

Hope i have provided enough info, thanks for your help

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  3. 77jazzbass

77jazzbass Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2007
    Las Vegas, NV
    WTDI World Tour Direct Box/Bass Preamp from Eden. I use it after my other pedals. Has built in compressor. Really FAT sound. You can get one for about $149 and some change.

4. Without more info... I own 30+ ranging from $19 to the "must haves"... the one that seems to be the best value is the used MXR M80...

5. TimmyP

TimmyP

Nov 4, 2003
    Indianapolis, IN
    T.C. Triple C? Great piece.

Radial JDI or ProDI (passives).

6. adampc

adampc

Nov 21, 2011
    London, England
    Have you ever check'd out a tech 21 sans amp d.i bass driver? You can pick them up for £160 and they instantly make your set up sound amazing, as you can tweak and adjust your tone on it and get a real clean crisp classic bass tone.

personally own one, it is one of the best investments I have made I own the 3 channel one and stand by it, hope that helps?

7. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I'd go with a Radial JDI for what you describe.

8. Who's sound do you like?

9. phsycobass

phsycobass

Jun 12, 2007
    Canada
    As a pro soundguy- you can't go wrong with a JDI for an active bass. If you need tone controls, the sansamp stuff always sounds good.