Looking for recs on .125-.025 strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Traver, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Traver

Traver

Sep 25, 2007
    Hello all,

I've been looking into buying some strings for my 6-stringer, and in particular I'm looking for (roundwound) strings with gauge:

I haven't been able to find a whole lot, and I don't have any experience with the brands that I've found, so I figured I could ask for some recommendations here.
    So anyone know any good strings for this gauge, or any that I should stay away from?

2. GHS has a 6 string with close gauges. If not, both GHS and Elixer have custom services that can get you custom sets. :cool:

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Last time around instead of buying separates from juststrings.com I ordered directly on D'Addario website, nabbing XL in

125 taper

I haven't put the 125 tapered on there yet as I still have a 120 taper around (looks like they've discontinued that one). My low B actually does B/A with a Hipshot so the 125 will get tried soon ; }

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021