Looking for reputable instructor in St. Louis area

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by khainedaemon, Jan 5, 2009.

1. As the subject says, I am looking to start taking lessons in the St. Louis area. I have been playing off and on for almost 10 years, but have never really learned properly. Does anyone have any solid recommendations for someone that gives private lessons?

2. collicsws6z28

collicsws6z28

Jan 29, 2007
    Never took lessons from the people here, buy a good place to start would be Fazios on Manchester Rd. The people there are friendly as can be...where are you located?

3. I'm over in West County near Page and 270. For some reason, I've heard the name Fazio's before. Maybe looking around for Fender dealers.

4. Eric Grossman

Eric Grossman

Nov 3, 2004
    St. Louis
    Endorsing Artist: Hipshot Products, DR Strings and Accugroove Speaker Cabinets
    I'm in North County, and I teach. You can see some of my credentials as a player here: www.myspace.com/bassbyeric. PM me if you're interested.

5. Blah114

Blah114

Feb 7, 2008
    Hands down.. the best instructor, and this is no disrespect to Eric, above.. the best instructor I know of is Duke Michalak in Crestwood, MO.

http://www.dukeguitar.com/index.html

314-843-1766. Since his information is public, I don't think it's bad to post it here. You need to call this guy.. he has taught some of the best bassists in St. Louis..