Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for road cases

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twangchief, May 17, 2004.

1. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    Ok...I've done some forum searching and can't find much on theis subject so here goes.

I am in need of a road case for my bass cabs. I play in a 'weekend warrior' band but our stuff is hauled/stored in a truck. One of my cabs came seriously close to getting trashed this weekend and I'm considering a medium duty wheeled cases (1/2" ply, recessed hardware). I have taller cabs around 47" so I guess the case construction can't be flimsy.

I don't want to pay top $$$$$ (Anvil, Calzone....) so I'm looking for cheaper alternative. Any one with experience with places like 'Affordable Cases', 'Hybrid Cases', etc.....??

Thanks,
    twang~~~~~~

2. I'm not sure what cabinets you have, so I'm not sure if these people make exactly what you have already. I know their stuff is great quality and a few people in my town really rave about them.

Angstrom Cases EBay Store

Hope this helps.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    What are your cab dimensions? I recently picked up a used, full blown case for my 4x10 for $150. It was made for a different brand of cab, but was within half an inch of mine, and it works great (though heavy as hell).

4. twangchief

twangchief Supporting Member

Oct 30, 2003
    Altoona, PA
    Avatar 210 and 212. I have a Ampeg 610 ordered that I'll put in the case.

Thanks