Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for sheetmusic????

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by blong1, Oct 18, 2000.

1. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    hi all,
    i was wondering if anyone knew of any "good" web sites that i can get some sheetmusic? i have been looking for stuff from 311 (and other bands) but i can't find anything. is there a site out there that has bass sheetmusic, or even tab books, for stuff that you can't find on regular sites like amazon, ebay, etc... thanks in advance for any help given.

2. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    thanks, but i tried most of the major sheetmusic sites that come up when i do a search, and that was one of them. i am finding plenty of guitar books but no bass guitar.
    i can use tabs, but i can't quite figure out the rhythm on some songs. that is why i was kinda wanting sheetmusic. any other suggestions??

thanks again.

3. reveille_509

reveille_509

Aug 17, 2000
  4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
  5. this site has kind of been my last resort when i can't find tabs through anywhere else, it's pretty much crap shoot, but sometimes you get lucky:

http://bgtd.homepage.com/

(Band Guitar Tab Directory)

Sheet music plus is pretty good though, i'm surprised you can't find anything there. The best way to search is type in the band and "bass", like "Motown and bass"...etc.

6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    If you're looking for books with "as recorded" bass lines, welcome to the wonderful and wacky world of bass: there aren't very many of them!

Sometimes the guitar books also include bass lines (Cherry Lane's books are usually good at this) but we're usually on our own.

7. blong1

blong1 Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2000
    Alabama
    that figures. seems like there would be someone out there that specializes in bass sheetmusic. hey, now there's a business idea...

8. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    Melnibone