Looking for smaller control knobs (fodera/warwick/etc..)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sheepdog, Jan 15, 2004.

1. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I don't go for the larger gnurled knobs that are on basses. I like the look of the stacked knobs that Warwick uses on their Dolphin SN, or the clean look of the Sadowsky or Fodera knobs. Any ideas?

I've already looked through about 50 sites.
  2. I'd try allparts.com and q-parts also make alot of different knob configurations. If you wanted wood knobs, THG could make smaller ones as well for you.

3. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    carvin actually carries two different size knobs.

4. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    that is the closest thing I have found so far. Only problem is that they don't do a stacked knob.
  5. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    If you're looking for concentric (stacked) knobs, the small ones at warmoth.com are nice if they fit on your control pots.

6. bplayerofdoom

Aug 6, 2002
    u could go knobless like me.
  7. jdombrow

jdombrow Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Colorado Springs, CO
    I was at GuitarX in Denver last week, and they have a huge selection of knurled metal knobs that come in four or five basic finishes (black, chrome, gold, and black chrome), but they have different tops on them in a variety of materials such as mother-of-pearl, turquoise, glitter, faux-stone, etc. You can buy them in sets of four or five and match them to your pick guard, or something that contrasts nicely with the finish on your instrument.

I was going to buy some for my Roscoe bass, but I had just dropped quite a bit of cash on a new speaker cabinet.
  8. sheepdog

Feb 20, 2003
    Birmingham, AL
    I think I have found what I am looking for...custom wooden knobs (stacked/inlaid/etc...)

for those that might also be looking:

THG Knobs