1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking For Some Advice!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Squnk, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Squnk

Squnk

Oct 20, 2002
    I stopped playing bass a few years ago when i was like 18, i'm 22 now and looking to start playing again. I was never all that great but plan on beeing a little more devoted now. It is funny how life works so fast, one second your a teenager with dreams of being a rock star and the next second your married and in the military worried more about bills and work. I always had a love for music and just want to be able to spark that old love of playing. i'm just looking for some good advice on ways of getting back into playing. i still have my old beat up squier p-bass and some old sheet music and tab but i'mlooking for a new bass and any books or sites to help me get back on track. I've been looking at a mark hoppus signature just cause i've always loved the output and feel, i also know there are so many otions out there that would be great that i have never even thought of or know about. i've always played like 90s pop punk/ska/alt rock kind of style/music. so anybody that can give me some help in the right direction please do!:help::bassist:

2. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    I own a Hoppus P and like it pretty well. We play all sorts of Rock & Roll and it serves quite nicely. Is there anything wrong with your Squire? If not, take it out to some open mic nights / jam sessions and try to hook up with a few like minded individuals.

3. Squnk

Squnk

Oct 20, 2002
    my squier p-bass has a few problems, the neck is a lil warped, the action on my bridge is way too high(i have even taken it to a couple of people that couldn't fix the action), the pickguard and body have so many scratches, dents, and chips(not it is that big of a deal and is easly fixable it gives me a reason to buy a new one)

4. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Well if you like the quarter pounder PUP and don't mind not having a tone knob ( I find that I really don't miss it at all, but that seems to be peoples big complaint about the Hoppus.) I have nothing but good things to say about the Hoppus bass. I paid $350.00 well used on E-bay. That made it all the more attractive.

5. Squnk

Squnk

Oct 20, 2002
    i actually have a quarter pounder on my squier but like i said it is just to messed up and it is just not the same. i have wanted to get a mark hoppus since they first came out cause it just fits my playing style almost like a glove, and tone has never been a big deal, i like the pure balls of the bass.