1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for some feedback on my band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by JonnyBlackhands, Apr 19, 2006.

1. The ska/rock band I'm in has some recordings, and I'd appreciate some feedback on them, good, bad, any at all.

http://www.purevolume.com/thecardsharks

We only have a couple of recordings as of right now, the guy who's recording us has been being pretty difficult.

The first song, Dos Mefinatly, was the first song we did. The lyrics are pretty random, they were made by picking stuff out of the guitarists garage then rhyming things with them, it's a pretty fun song though.

The second one we have up, Get Your Fix, is a minor key ska song, it's about one of the drummers friends who got pretty heavily into heroin and messed up from it.

Anyways, I'd appreciate any and all feedback

2. TheJimster

TheJimster

Feb 21, 2006
    Pensacola, FL
    on a scale of 1-10 i give you guys an 8!

3. There's potential. I like that soca-ish intro to dos mefinitely (dig the title too).
    The singer seems to be stretching for the quicker parts...not a commanding voice...maybe with practice and better mix.
    Good job...the guitar work is also a bit thin, even for ska.

Good work, though.

Edit: on listening to the second track. Better. Singer has same prob though.