Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for some good punch, cab and head for around 700$

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jonki, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Jonki

Jonki I will not slap my Bee!

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    hiya

i need a new amp, i want some punchy stuff, 200-300w for around 700$

thanks for suggestions

Jonki

2. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    http://www.avatarspeakers.com

I would reccomend a 410 Pro cab and the Ashdown MAG 300H head. If you can pony up the extra 200 I would look at that 600 watt Ashdown they have.

You can buy them together off of the Avatar site.

I had an Avatar cab and they are built very well and sound great with a lot of punch, but my tastes started to drift more towards 15's growl so I switched.

3. Jonki

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    yeah, but no international shipping. :meh:

4. Jonki

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    anyone? please

5. flexo

flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    Avatar now has a european distributor in the netherlands but i can't remember what the web address is. They probably don't do the Ashdown head deal that the US avatar does but it would still be a decent option for getting a good cheap cab.

Maybe someone else can help jonki out with the address?

6. Jonki

Oct 14, 2003
    Arendal, Norway
    thanks alot, ive looked at Ashdown MAG300H and MAG 410T deep cabinet. looks good.

but the problem is music123 and Basscentral says this is not for foreign use, that means it useable on 115v, not Euro 230v. But the Ashdown Manual says its 115/230v.

thanks for answers!

7. Im also looking for an amp, (musicman hd500). This seems like it would be a good amp for you also, if you can find one.

8. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Ashdown is made in the UK so it should be switchable. I've never used them but all of their line has gotten great reviews and quite a few bassists I enjoy the most run Ashdown (James Lomenzo).

9. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The Ashdown head would be awesome, but to my experience Avatar cabs blow away Ashdown cabs, and I would take an Avatar over an Ashdown any day.

10. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

11. flexo

flexo

May 3, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    The ashdown heads are not switchable voltage!!!

I've emailed ashdown and asked! I'm in Oz and i thought i might save myself some money if i imported one but since its not switchable it'll be more trouble than its worth.