Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for some Pedals.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by paniak17, Jul 17, 2004.

1. Ok, I need some pedals to do the following,

1. Make my bass sound like an organ.
    2. Make my bass sound like a whistle.
    3. Make my bass sound really really grungy.

You dont have to respond to all, and im really low on cash so cheapest prices that sound reasonable please.

2. bump, because im impatient.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    you say you're low on cash, but what is your budget?

4. just recomend stuff, ill make that decsision(sp?).

5. grungy you say?

try the DOD grunge pedal!

6. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    ok then.

Make your bass sound like an organ or whistle: roland gk-2b divided pickup, axon sb-100 guitar midi convertor with onboard sound module. Cost: $900-$1000 used.

make your boss sound grungy: you could read this so many ways. If you want grind and 'dirt', then get an overdrive pedal - ebs multidrive, fulltone bassdrive, hao rust ride, barber deep fryer etc. If you actually mean distortion, dod bass grunge (don't think they make them anymore tho') or boss odb-3 or any of the many distortion pedals reviewed in the thread at the top of this forum.

7. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    That sucks. Now I want my bass to sound like an organ. :p

Too much damn money.

8. SuperSluggard

SuperSluggard

Jan 2, 2004
    Oh, a EHX Double Muff would be pretty good for grunge.

9. I got a great organ effect using the phaser and a small amount of overdrive from my Boss ME-50B. Sounds great with chords.

10. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Organ = cheap-a$$ phaser with the rate knob maxed. Musician's Fiend has an Alesis ModFX phaser on sale for 36 bux.

Whistle = buy a whistle. I'm sure a campus security dept. will give you one for free, too.

Grunge = dime the controls on your bass, max the gain knob on your amp and play with a pick.