Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for some threaded screw inserts..

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Magneto, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Can anyone here steer me towards a place that sells threaded machine screw inserts (not T-nuts) ? I'm talking about small sizes such as for a bass electronics cover screws and stuff like that. These go into a drilled hole, and have the screw threads inside them. I'm thinking about installing some of these on my bass, instead of the small wood screws it currently has.
    Looked at PartsExpress, didn't see anything like that.

Mag...

2. PM me if you need some for your neck.

3. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Google Search I'm sure you'll find exactly what you need here... In fact, the first link had 'em

-robert

4. Thanks Robert.. Yeah, I googled first, but was overwhelmed by all the different types there were. Since I've never had the chance to actually see what type are used on an instrument (for the purposes I intend to use it for), I am unsure. I should have worded my post better.

As I mentioned, I'm thinking about using them for my back cavity plate (electronics/battery) screws, and perhaps my pickup adjusting screws. Neither of these hold any real stress, so I can probably go with the kind that press in (or glue in), as opposed to the type that thread in. The thread-in type probably require a bigger bore to get them in, and this might pose a problem in the small spaces I have to work with. I'm thinking 2-56 would be about right for the cavity screws, maybe 4-40s for the p'ups.

Am I asking in the correct forum? I'm not sure..

Mag...