1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for something that sounds like this....

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by S6I6X, Jan 19, 2012.

1. S6I6X

S6I6X

Jun 25, 2011
    San Diego
    I am trying to find a pedal that sounds like a part (not exactly but that kind of feel) that I heard in a Between the Buried and Me song entitled "Swim to the Moon". The part in question happens at about 10:07 in the song and sounds like it could just be a synth patch over top of the bass but I would like to be able to switch on a pedal and still have my solid bass tone underneath a synth effect. Any ideas or suggestions? I know markbass has one that looks pretty cool but it's a little expensive.

Between the Buried and me - Swim to the Moon (Full Song) - YouTube

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    I bet the Source Audio Bass Multiwave Distortion would do a good job of that, or at least produce sounds with similar characteristics. Look up the demo on YouTube, it makes some nutsy noises.

3. S6I6X

S6I6X

Jun 25, 2011
    San Diego
    Hey man, I checked out that pedal. It looks super sick. I might be trading in my distortion pedal for it but I need to mess with one first. Thanks!

4. scottfeldstein

scottfeldstein Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2011
    West Bend, Wisconsin
    All I hear is a really middy EQ on the bass and some aggressive playing. Either a pick or he's really digging in with his fingers.

5. Sounds like aggressive playing to me. Play with a pick closer to the neck pickup so you can get some "click" going (not buzz...click).

6. S6I6X

S6I6X

Jun 25, 2011
    San Diego
    It's definitely not a pick. He plays with his fingers only and I am pretty sure it's actually the singer following the part with the synth but I just need to be able to do that by myself. I think that pedal will work but if anyone else knows any really sick ideas feel free to let me know.