1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for sound clips of Aguilar AG500 head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hooligans, Oct 9, 2006.

1. hooligans

hooligans

Aug 2, 2005
    Last summer I purchased a Lakland 55-02 from a fellow tber. I have been thrilled with this bass so far, but I feel it is now time to upgrade my amp since it is getting old and.. well not giving me the diverse sound i know my bass can give,

My large amp is a Yamaha 1x15 combo. It's from the mid 80's I believe meaning large and heavy as well as having some degrading electronics and a not so clear sound.

My practice amp is a Peavey Microbass which i find great for playing at low volumes any point in the day.

Since I'm practicing with my bands more, and will probably be playing gigs in the near future, I want to upgrade my amp and as I said before, I'm looking mostly at an AG500 head and probably a GS212.

I was looking for some recent feedback, as I've read lots of reviews from harmonycentral, TB's reviews, and some first impressions on this forum when the AG500 first came out.

I would also like to hear any clips of the amp, mainly a comparison between the two channels, since that feature has made me lean more towards this amp.

Thank you.

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    search is your friend, cause we've talked to death about this great amp.

3. hooligans

hooligans

Aug 2, 2005
    I have seen that.... but I haven't heard the amp itself yet.

4. Groovin

Groovin

May 25, 2006
    Wash, D.C.
    Mmmmm. Basstasters.com

5. hooligans

hooligans

Aug 2, 2005
    I did actually check basstesters... and it wasn't there either

I'm sorry to start yet another thread on this amp, but the thing is I don't live near any dealer that sells Aguilar amps... and there is no way I would be able to try one out. So the best I can do is get some sort of idea of what it sounds like through soundclips, so I can take the chance and spend 1300+ dollars on a head. I'll actually change the title of this thread to reflect what i'm looking for... just so there isn't as many misunderstandings.

I'm sorry I wasn't totally clear at first.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021