Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for straplocks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lildrgn, Aug 18, 2000.

1. lildrgn

lildrgn

Jul 11, 2000
    Seattle, WA
    Hey all

Can anyone give me the brand of straplock that is the push button type? There's a button that is on the strap and you press it to release it from the bass. The peg fits into the center of the pegs on the bass. Those are good locks.

I'm trying to replace the locks that "cup" the strap pegs on the bass. The reason is that when I move around, the friction from the "cup" unscrews the peg from the bass and makes it loose. Bad news.

Any help is appreciated!

Go M's!

2. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    I think, and im pretty sure im wrong :rolleyes:, that those are schallers. (Itll push this thread back up though!) But thats what i think. Why dont ya walk done to Bass NW and ask them and order some? If you want, i can ask them tomorrow, because im going down there for a little while tomorrow. :)

Go M's?! NO! They suck donkey b...spheres.

3. i haven't seen the schallers, but i have dunlops and they're the push button kind. should this be in setup or something?

4. Nope. Schallers have a pin that you pull out on. Dunlops are the one with the pushbutton. I use Dunlops on all my basses.

5. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    yep......dunlop...