Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for subharmonics pedal (is there such a thing?)

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by MikeBarber, Jan 21, 2006.

1. I'm looking for a pedal that will track and generate subharmonics an octave below... similar to the Ultrabass feature of the Behringer Bass V-Amp/Ultrabass Amp, or the dbx 120A...

There is more going on than just doubling an octave below, at least it seems to me... so, is there such a pedal?

2. i know dirk lance, the ex-bassist from incubus has a DBX 120 XP subharminic generator...
    but i have a behringer BX1200 and the subharmonic generator really doesn't appear to be more than an octave pedal...i might be wrong though

3. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The DOD Meatbox pedal provides TWO subharmonic frequencies, and you can usually find the Meatbox cheap on ebay. The DBX rack units track better and respond better to polyphonic material, but they take up a rack space of your kit. I also think the DBX sounds better than the Meatbox with bass guitar. I totally dig the obnoxious dirtiness and power of the Meatbox, but I prefer to use it on upper-midrange sources like vocals, horns, etc.

4. jujube_2a

jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
    Just have look at popular pedals like MXR bass octave, ebs octabass, Boss OC3, digitech bass synth wah just to name a few...
    Enjoy!

5. Frantone made one that got great reviews in Bass Guitar, and it looks really cool with a white led light

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    digitech bsw has a great one

7. jujube_2a

jujube_2a

Jan 18, 2006
    Corsica, France
    I would be interested in this pedal if it exists.
    Can you tell me its name?

8. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

I'm getting a massive sub tone from my POG.

I think the price of the POG is totally justified. The thing just kills.

9. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    How'bout the new Ampeg pedal - the one that's in the same case as the (is it 'Scrambler'?) reissue. They say it's the same subharmonic circuit that's in one of their amp heads.

Joe

10. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Coming shortly should be the Ashdown pedals - I really dig the subharmonic generators on the amps, so if this is anything near as good it'd be brilliant