Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for the best 12" cab...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Nov 10, 2001.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I like vintage sound without mud. And play a Fender P through an Ashdown head. I think a 212 or two 112´s will suit me due to their portability and deaper bass respons.
    I´m looking at Aguilar, Glockenklang (good prices in Europe), Hevos (dutch company www.hevos.nl) and Epifani (the most expencive one here).
    Can you help me decide?
    I can´t try them before buying cause they are not stocked here in Sweden.

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
  3. Eden makes a 212XLT.Ive heard they are very smooth .The price isn't bad compared with the cabinets you mentioned.I'm going to get one to go with my 210XLT as soon as I sell a couple things.

4. PJR

PJR

Jun 20, 2001
    N.E. PA
    .......just picked up an Eden 2-12xlt.

I bought it as an alternative to my SWR Goliath Sr., for the 'smaller' venues.

I have been pleasantly surprised by the output and tone of this 'lil bugger !!

Much more than I expected.....much more than any 2-10 I've ever played, in terms of output, how deep it goes, and power handling.

Me Likes !!

Peter

5. ItchyBass

ItchyBass

Oct 12, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Check out a Bag End 12" if you can.

I think (think) they may be a bit less expensive than some ofthe others listed here. They put out an amazing amount of low end, and have a nice mid range growl. Plus they are quite efficient 100 db SPL.

6. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    I have both an Epi. 1x12 and 2x12, and I really like the sound. the output level available is unreal. I also demo'd the Glock quattro, and although thats not a 12" cab, I was very impressed with the construction detail and the Glock sonic "signature". If this translates to the Glock 2x12, then for the money I would recommend the Glock 2x12.

7. Matthias

Matthias

May 30, 2000
    Vienna, Austria
  8. Tumbao

Tumbao

Nov 10, 2001
    FL
    2X12" MAKES ME SO HAPPY...