1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

looking for the ideal cab.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SSofMind, Feb 28, 2008.

1. SSofMind

SSofMind Guest

Jul 15, 2007
    The Sunflower State
    alright so im going to be moving into dorms next year, so im not going to have room for a stack, or really anything larger than a 1x15 or 2x10. i plan on getting the ashdown mag 300 for a head, just because its great bang for the buck. but im kind of confused about what cab i should get. now im especially looking for something that will cut through good, with nice, strong low mid production. i'll be playing a squier VM jazz, if that helps any.

any help is appreciated.

2. Depends on the style of music you gonna be doing IMO. But a GOOD quality 2x10" will do fine- If U want small & gutsy- Schroeder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I've NEVER been satisfied with a 2x10 myself. OK in small gigs- jazz, cafe's etc.... but for anything where a drummer hits modrately to hard........A 1x15" cab IMO will handle power & headroom better IME. I've used a 1x15" alone for years with a 180w tube amp & we played pretty loud(no mic'd drums, but drumma hit HARD!!!) & it always kept up with NO lack of guts/punch. So if I was going for a single cab & couldn't afford a 21012 schroeder, or similar, I'd go for a good quality 1x15". I just got a Aguilar GS115- this is a good one!! tho some will no doubt disagree & i'm surethere are others out thee as good & bettr.

3. Fretlessboy

Fretlessboy

Nov 29, 2007
    St Augustine Florida
    Endorsing artist GENZ BENZ/HERCULES STANDS/XSonics
    I really love the GB neoX112T... it sounds like a 15 but faster. It is a 30 watt cabinet that sounds fat and musical. It's small and actually cranks enough on it's own to get it done.