1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

looking for the name of a 19' effect I saw once on a gig

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by flea2010, Oct 10, 2004.

  1. I once used at a gig the equipment of the bassplayer of the main act and there I saw a small 19'' multieffect.

    I think it only had compressor,distortion, chorus and one other effect in it, only a few buttons to turn (sorry, my english is very bad :meh: ),
    and no display at all (my memory might be wrong here)
    it was all black and white and 1 unit high.
    with it the player had two simple pedals with 2 buttons each for bypass only.

    does anybody know this effect or knows a similar (very simple) thing like that?
    I would like to know it's name, because I really would like to buy on multi like that

    thank you very much for your help
  2. well, 19' means 19 feet, which is very big... are you talking about a rack unit or a floor unit?
  3. hm, seems to be very difficult to figure out, that 19' should mean 19'' and so it's probably a rack unit :rolleyes:

    and, why should a floor unit have two extra pedals with bypass :confused:

    but not all people are that clever, so I will correct that typo :D
  4. Rvl


    Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
  5. thank you for your answer, but that wasn't the one I remember.
    anyone else an idea?
  6. there are lots of floor units with multiple pedals, brainiac. excuse me for not intuiting what you meant via your poor english and vague description. :rolleyes:
  7. I'm pretty sure your german is much better than my english, so...

    Also, ich denke trotzdem, dass ziemlich klar ist, dass man mit gutem gewissen auf dieser welt kein 19' effekt-gerät findet und es daher mehr als klar ist, dass ich 19'' gemeint habe!

    also es geht hier defintiv um ein rack-effekt-gerät

    description better?
  8. NJL


    Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    OK, do you want help or not? which is it?
  9. okay, I apologise for everything
    I start again :)

    I'm looking for a multi-effect I saw once.
    It was 19 inches wide and mounted in a rack.
    I think it was only one unit high, all black and white, no display and had only four effects in it (chorus,distortion,compression and one other I don't remember)
    along with it the player who used it had two pedals, with two knobs for bypass each, nothing else on the floor.
    this is all I remember, and maybe I'm wrong in some details.

    please help me :cool: