Looking for the name of a song...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Growler, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    Last night I heard a song on the radio and never got the artist or the song title. It sounded quite a bit like George Thorogood or Bob Seger. It had a pretty sweet baseline going through it and the main chorus that was repeated throughout was that "she's my sweet lil (little?) thing".

ANY help is appreciated...

2. Growler

Sep 26, 2004
    The local radio station has an online search function to see what they played yesterday.... turns out it was:

Stevie Ray Vaughn's Pride & Joy...

3. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    soon as i read the line you posted it was easy.

IIRC, there is some "ok" guitar playing in there too. ;)

SRV the man, the myth, the legend.
  4. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Stevie was a (distant) cousin of mine. I found out at a family reunion because my grandmother was bragging on me after finding out I made more money that year on my cover-band gig than I did at my real job as an electronic technician. All these old, allegedly related people kept coming up to me and saying "Oh ? You're a musician? Do you know Jim and Martha's boys? They play too."
    And I would reply in a very small and somewhat humiliated voice, after I had found out who 'Jim and Martha's boys' were. "Yes. I know. I have all their albums."

It was embarassing.
  5. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    FWIW, when you can't remember the name of a song, go to google, enter "lyrics" and then the lyric you can remember in quotes (in this case it would have been "she's my sweet little") most times you'll eventually stumble upon the link that has the lyrics to the song and the song title/artist.