Looking for the Ultimate Gig Accessories Bag

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by DB66, Dec 23, 2005.

1. DB66

Aug 24, 2005
    Washington, D.C.
    I had found a perfect bag for all my stuff that I need on gigs: books, bass wheel, tuner, cables, extra bowtie, cu-cumber bun, shoe polish, batteries, preamp, tape recorder, etc. It was a leather duffel bag from ebay, I bought it for .01 cent and $20 shipping. For that price I had to wonder about the durability, but for that price I could try it with little risk.

It came as no suprise when the zipper broke and the leather started to rip near the shoulder strap after a few months. So now I'm looking for a good durable bag. I've been looking at duffel bags, back packs, law enforcement bags (Uncle Mike's bags) and it's just too hard to tell if they'll hold everything from looking at pictures. I've looked at some backpacks in stores but I don't think they're big enough to hold everything.

What do you guys and gals use for your accessories. Something durable, not too big, but big enough to hold music books and the above mentioned items, something with good zippers.

Here's a link of bags that might be good, but hard to tell from pictures:

Thanks in advance.
  2. I have a nice heavy canvas bag- it's either a camera or gun accessory/ammo bag- I inherited it from my late father-in-law. It's tough, has pockets everywhere & looks so butch that I call it a purse(as opposed to 'man-purse'). Made by Domke.
  3. Something like this - I can't remember the brand I have - the main thing is that it's wheeled - I usually fill it with cables, Real-Books, stand-light, tuner, sandwichesÂ…

- Wil