Looking for things to do and see in Pedro

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Morgan Giles, Jun 5, 2005.

1. Morgan Giles

Morgan Giles

Jun 5, 2005

Is there a link you would suggest for somebody who's making his first trip to see the Pedro you've always written and spoken about? I want to see and do as much as I can while I'm there next week. I remember somebody telling me a few years back about a website you ran that has a list of places to see. Does such a thing still exist?
  2. permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    I think it's sanpedro.com

but PM me, let me know when you're coming, I live and work here in Pedro. -Jeff
  3. superfly

Aug 4, 2004
    If you have never seen it, you have to see the Queen Mary.
    Its just friggin' amazing how big that sucker is. You can't really appreciate it until you go aboard and take the tour. I've been there about 6-7 times since I was a kid and last year we took our 8 yr old son. I still get amazed at the thing. Makes the Titanic seem like a fishing boat.
  4. permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Queen Mary is cool, but it's in Long Beach, not Pedro.

Check out Angel's Gate (I think Watt still has a studio there) and the Korean Bell, the Lighthouse, Walker's Cafe. Cabrillo Beach. Tons of great food: Busy Bee Market for Sandwiches, Buono's pizza, Sugar's bbq, Big Mike's Grill, Marcello's, Trani's, Rafaello's. Ports'O'Call has lotsa seafood, Boardwalk Cafe, Utro's, take a harbor cruise. Check out Century classic motorcycles, rent a Harley at Hogfeathers. Downtown: San Pedro Brewing Company, Sacred Grounds, Godmother's, Union War Surplus, Warner Grand Theater.

I should get a gig with the friggin' Chamber of Commerce.
  5. hogfeathers

Jun 26, 2005
    san pedro
    Permagrin, Thanks for the Hogfeathers plug. I didn't even know this site existed. Not only did I find my company mentioned,but also bass players to talk to. Cool!!
  6. permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    They did that writeup for you guys in, what was it, More or San Pedro Magazine? and didn't mention anything about bass! the punks! Nice to see another Pedro "thud staff worker" on the page here. You gigging around town anytime? -Jeff