1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for tight spaced single bridges for fanned fret bass (solved)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by tlintu, Jan 20, 2017.

1. tlintu

tlintu

Jan 2, 2015
    Espoo, Finland
    Greetings,

I have a luthier / family friend build me a custom bass. I would like this one to be optimized for pick and would therefore prefer really tight string spacing. This one would be a 5-stringer fanned fret (33"-37"). I would prefer string spacing of 12-13mm.

Tightest individual bridges have been ABM 3710G (15mm) and Hipshot Triple-Lock Down (15,5mm, 0,61"). Does anyone know any other single bridges that could be used for tighter string spacing than these? Or some other bridge option for fanned fret? I have seen some custom bridges for 7+ stringers.

2. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    tlintu likes this.
  3. tlintu

tlintu

Jan 2, 2015
    Espoo, Finland
    They have bass bridges too that have a string spacing of 16mm. I contacted Hipshot and ABM if they are willing to make custom ones (couldn't find contact info for FFI).

I'm beginning to believe that 15-16mm - that every product has - is the narrowest you can go with solo bridges because of thickness and tension of bass strings :(

A solid bridge might be the only way to get to that 12-13mm range.

4. tlintu

tlintu

Jan 2, 2015
    Espoo, Finland
    Update:
    ABM replied and it is possible to order set for 12mm string spacing!
    Update2:
    Hipshot won't do custom pieces.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    sissy kathy likes this.
  5. pasi

pasi Guest

Jan 6, 2015
    + ABM !