Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for unique Sting Ray

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blamusic, Mar 14, 2006.

1. blamusic

blamusic

Mar 25, 2004
    Hey all!

I know I shouldn't be using this forum for business purposes, but I've searched and called and realized that in would be almost impossible to do it any other way and I know that dealers and store owners read these forums, so here it is:

I am looking for a new five string Music Man Sting Ray with the following specs: Black cherry burst, matching headstock, birds eye maple neck, black perloid pickgaurd.

(I have been told by a major dealer, that a dealer can't order a birds eye neck. This means that there may be such a bass out there just waiting to be bought by me, but will never get the chance, unless I post this here :) A regular maple neck would be fine if the other specs are as requested. Supposedly with a 3-6 month wait I could get one from MM, but I won't be in the States by then, thats why I am searching for one on the market.

Hope some of you can help, sorry if this post was inappropriate
    All the best
    R.

2. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Send a PM to "Bovinehost". If Jack can't help you, nobody can.

3. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    There is a "Wanted" forum, you should try to post there.

4. Supporting Users only now.

-ryan-

5. Fran Diaz

Fran Diaz

Mar 28, 2002
    Santander, Spain
    Bassist
    Then he's breaking the rules by posting this here. :meh:

6. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    Try bass central

7. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    Unfortunately... +1

8. blamusic

blamusic

Mar 25, 2004
    Sorry for doing so, I'll post in the proper place next time, and the admin should feel free to delete missplaced post such as mine. Sorry and thanks for the help.

9. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    The OP isn't in the US, so Jack can't help him.