Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking For Used Fender Under $250

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TheDefiler, Sep 16, 2002.

1. TheDefiler

TheDefiler Guest

Mar 15, 2002
    Maryland
    I'm trying to buy any used Fender in good condition and will even pay for S&H. I really want to get away from my Squier!:) PleasePleasePleasePlease

2. Darn, I was going to suggest a particular Fender that I saw in a local used shop - a Squier! But this was an early 80's version from Japan that ranks up there in quality with the American versions. These were made under the Squier name for distribution overseas. The American versions still had the Fender moniker. This one had the sweetest neck ever and was in dang good condition. $249 but I bet I could get it for less!

3. tragos

tragos Guest

If TheDefiler isn't interested in the Squier, I am. I've had a very hard time finding a great Fender neck, and "the sweetest neck ever" sounds too good to pass on. What kind of bass was it?
    Thanks.

4. This was a Squier Jazz - sort of an unusual find since mostly you see the Precisions - in white. Good frets, nothing too bad about the finish - not mint - just worn with nicks and dings, pretty light, neck was very straight, nickel tuners.

I just can't lay out the cash for anything new right now or I'd be on this quick!

5. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I found a used white mim 2001 pbass at sam ash in pristine condition and payed 237.00 for it. It can be done you just got to keep looking.

6. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    try posting in the wanted to buy forum.. Finding a MIM fender under $250 shouldn't be hard at all

7. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Yeah, I see them all the time for $200 or so on ebay, in th local paper...

Good luck!!