Looking for user manuals: DOD FX25 (1st issue) and BBE Sonic Stomp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bassmike62, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

Hi,

Just got these of the Bay and they both don't have the manual. A google search came up with nothing either.

Any chance somebody willing to share ?

Thx.

2. superhand

superhand

Sep 14, 2009
    Fresno, CA
    I don't have a manual for the DOD FX-25 but I do own the pedal. There's not much to it, just two knobs, input, output and a bypass switch.

What do you need to know? Maybe I can help.

3. Bassmike62

Settings recommendation, something to start with. I usually like an auto-wah type sound, not too blubbery.

Thx for your help, dude !

4. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    There's no point in a settings recommendation, because the way this pedal works is it reacts to your instrument and playing. Using somebody else's settings will usually not work. "Range" is how big of a sweep (across frequencies) the filter goes through; clockwise means higher frequencies are reached. "Sensitivity" means the degree that the effect will react to your signal; clockwise means more extreme reaction. You want to set it up first so the sensitivity reacts the way you want to your playing, and second so the range of the filter sweep is musical to your ears. Again, nobody else can tell you where those settings will be for you. :)

5. superhand

superhand

Sep 14, 2009
    Fresno, CA
    Yeah what he ^ said. There is only two knobs, just play around with it. The sensitivity control setting really depends on how hot the signal coming into it is, which has a lot of variables, active vs passive bass, what type of pickups, technique, etc. But you have to get that dialed in correctly or it won't sweep at all.

Just play with it, its a fun pedal.

6. Kind of echoing what Bongo said. Here is how I dial in envelope filters: start with Sensitivity all the way down, start turning it up while playing notes at normal strength for you. When the filter starts to open, then start playing with the range knob until the sound is how you like it.

7. Badmuthaplucka

Badmuthaplucka Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2004
    Tucson, Az.
    I have the original box and documentation for mine and like everyone ells said there are no real settings. In fact it came with the schematic and no setting guide, just a set up guide. If you have the Kermit the Frog green one with the bigger knobs you probably got the best version.

8. Bassmike62

Thx guys !

9. Bassmike62

Thx for your advice and links, guys.

I did get the Kermit version and also, couple of weeks ago, got a 3-knob version just for kicks. Never thought of adjusting sens 1st, always went left to right, so can't wait to try that.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021