1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for Volume Control knob for Ibanez SR-905

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Squirefan01, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Hi,

I just bought a used Ibanez SR-905 5-string. It sounds great but is missing the volume control knob. It's a black chrome type. Anybody have an extra?

I have tried to order one with no luck from dealers or Ibanez directly.

How about aftermarket knobs, like the Q Parts knobs? I cannot find anything online about shaft sizes that they fit on. Are these usually consistent across different guitars?

Thanks

2. grace & groove

grace & groove

Nov 30, 2005
    philly
    Self-Appointed Ambassador to the Dragonfly
  3. Illbay

Illbay

Jan 15, 2008
    Houston, Texas
    Did you check All Parts?

4. Thanks!

I love bestbassgear. They are lightning fast at shipping and are good people. I have gotten pickups & bridges from them, but didn't know they sold knobs.

Heading there now.

5. OK, I checked those sights. Nothing that will match the darker chrome on my SR-905. I could replace all of the knobs with something nicer (like maybe the ebony custom knob from stewmac). I have TKG custom wood knobs on my Alembic but they are pricey for this bass.

How about anybody that can definitely order this from Ibanez? My local dealer does not want to waste their time. Will guitar center order somthing like this?

Thanks

6. Just an update. I called Ibanez Service directly and was able to get this part ordered. I kept getting to voice mail and never got calls returned. I got the part quickly and now the SR-905 is complete again!

7. DanoesqBass

DanoesqBass Bass For Life Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Omaha
    just caught this thread, I have some of these I am not using, and a couple tuners as well... glad they hooked ya up

8. musicelectronix

musicelectronix

Jul 8, 2007
    Hüstın, TX
    Lead Designer, Zeibek Boutique Pedals
    Glad to came upon this.. I am in serious need of a Floyd Rose type of tremolo for a guitar I am trying to restore and I couldn't locate the right part. I checked all the above and a couple of others, but it just seems impossible to find a "black nickel" finish on this part (or cosmo black, if we take Ibanez as a reference point). Can you also point me out to the right direction?