1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Bassguitarbubba, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Hi gang!

I'm building a P/J bass with two concentric pots, one for each pup. I'm also adding a 3-way (on-on-on) pup selector switch. I've soldered before and I'm good at reading a wiring diagram. I've been to the Fender website and got the wiring diagram for the '62 RI J bass, which has the concentric pots. Unfortunately, there are no diagrams that I found on how to install the 3-way switch. (The Duff McKagan bass has a 3-way switch, but Fender does not supply a diagram for that model.)

Anybody know where I can get a wiring diagram? Or does someone already have one they can post or send to me?

As always, I appreciate any help I can get.

2. Thank you...thank you...thank you!!!

I saved the link. Although the wiring diagrams they had that fit my particular wiring set up (2 vols and 2 tones) were focused primarily on Les Pauls, I'm reasonably certain the 3-way switch will be wired in a similar fashion. It actually looked pretty easy...two leads coming from the switch to each of the vol pots, the third lead going to the output jack and a forth lead going to ground.

Please let me know if that sounds right. Of course, I'll know as soon as I solder it all together whether it's right or not.. :)

Thanks again!