Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking For X2N dimensions

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fremenblue, Jun 6, 2004.

1. fremenblue

fremenblue

Jan 8, 2003
    Eugene, Or.
    I had found a page online that had measurements for the DiMarzio X2N guitar pickup. I'm trying to find out if the only difference in dimensions between that and my X2N-B pickup is the length of the mounting ears. I want to be able to use a mounting ring around the route. If it's just the ears I can trim those and redrill the holes.

fremenblue

2. A9X

A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Have you emailled DiMarzio?

I've found they're response to be very good - approx 3 hrs on average every time I've emailled during US business hours.

tech@dimarzio.com

I've been watching your threads on this pickup as I'm curious on your experience with it, before I order one (still available new). Keep us posted!

3. fremenblue

fremenblue

Jan 8, 2003
    Eugene, Or.
    I have been in contact with DiMarzio techs about this pup, yes, they were the ones that told me that because of the ear length it wouldn't fit in the standard humbucking route, therefore I couldn't use the mounting ring. Seems like a simple fix to chop the ears down (kind of a Van Gogh move) and redrill the holes. Yeah, I'll ask if that would do it, how short I should cut them.

It's *going* to happen, I've ordered stacked pots for tone/volume controls, some more four-conductor wire, another set of Willpower middle pickups (I'm really in love with those pups!). . .I've got the Moses graphite neck, more of a Jazz profile than P, just a tad fatter than a Jazz at the nut. I'll order an on/on/on switch when I decide which I want. I'll turn loose my luthier to do the route and neck swap/set up, do the wiring myself. I'll keep ya'll posted! Maybe get some pics up if I splurge for a digital camera this summer. It's going into a '57 Precision reissue, FYI. Won't be much left of the "original" '57 when I'm done, just the body really. I wanted to use a different body--a Warmoth dinky P--but it was just adding up to too much. Got a wedding coming up!

It's kinda cool that someone's interested in my brand of madness. :hyper:

fremenblue

4. fremenblue

fremenblue

Jan 8, 2003
    Eugene, Or.
    Ok, late-night message sent off to the DiMarzio techs. We'll see this evening what kind of answer I get back. Hopefully they'll say I can trim down the legs and use X/Y/Z mounting ring.