Looking into a MIJ Jazz?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Michael Henson, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Looking into a '75 MIJ reissue w/ block inlays, bound fretboard and a sunburst finish. It's been upgraded w/ Fender Custom Shop 60's & a BadAss II bridge. It comes with the original pick-ups & bridge, the ashtrays, thumbrest, and hardshell case. What do you guys think?
  2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    How much do they want for it? By the way, I'm in the area, so do you mind saying who has it? I'm not in the market, so don't worry about me swooping in and taking it. Jazz basses are great instruments and 70s are starting to fetch vintage prices. I wouldn't go to high though, you get a jamming Geddy Lee for well under $700. :bassist:
  3. Fishface

Jul 26, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    Man... Those are beautiful!!!

4. We were looking at a trade of some sort I have a G&L and I'd like to try on a J-bass. I guess he prefers a five string over the four and wants to try the G&L. Quality on 'em pretty good? Sound?
  5. I agree and I like it a lot...it looks really nice. I'm pretty much sold on the idea I just feel more comfortable doing my homework...before jumping into something blind. I've been burned too many times. :rolleyes:
  6. Fishface

Jul 26, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    I'm sorry & I understand. I guess I couldn't resist the temptation (low hanging fruit).