Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking into starting my own clothing for bass players web site

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Turski, Dec 7, 2003.

1. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Hello fellow bass players!

I've been pondering starting my own bass apparel company. I plan on starting off as a small internet only deal.

I plan on having several different kinds of T-shirts, hoodies, hats, beanies, baseball caps, bumper stickers, ect.
    I'm also open to suggestions. If anyone has any cool ideas they would like to see on a T-shirt, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!

My only problem is, I don't know where to start?
    How do I get a web site?
    Who do I go to for help?

Any information would be greatly apprecated!

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Great idea! What about stylish drawstring pants - you know, without metal hardware to scratch the back of your bass?

3. Bass bumper stickers.

Large F clef paches.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Do you have any friends that are big intoo computer programming and htl code? THey would probably know how to make a site.

5. I say make silverware with bass clefs on em and plates with it to.

I know how to make websites but I don't know how much I could help you with it because I don't know how to make online stores, but I know there are scripts that you can use to make one, just don't know how reliable they are.

I'd say see if speddling would want to or if he knows someone that could do it.

Good luck with this!

6. I'd say make a bumper sticker that says "Honk if you want the bassist to turn up" :)

*shrug*

Good luck!:bassist:

7. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Hell yeah!
    I would definantly buy the patch for my Shirt and Jacket. :bassist:

8. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    thats a really good idea, i know some manufacturers (ampeg) make their own clothes, im sure alot of others do too, i dont think there are any clothes websites for bassists, or guitarists, or drummers, or any type of musician.....

9. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m

Patches, gotcha!

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

11. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m

Not to say that there is anything wrong with what Paul has for a selection, I just want different things. I have a T-shirt and a hat from TB. I've looked around the internet to find what I want to wear and have come up short.

So I figured I would make my own. If I can sell a few of the things I have in mind, I get to have the clothing I want for free!!!

Not only that, other bass players can have custom clothing. It's a win-win situation.

I'm always looking for new ideas.

Thanks Bruce, you're no help! :spit:

12. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Can't make your own online strore/dosh exchange? Then don't!

Theres loads of 3rd party units you could do it through in order to save a lot of hassle (programming, designing, advertising, security, getting users trust, legality..) and cost setting up the payment point.

Do it through Paypal or an Ebay shop (but use a website to front the store), in which case you'll prolly pay out about 5%.

In time, you can always set up your own online-till :D

Good luck, should be fun!

13. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Well you said :

"My only problem is, I don't know where to start?"

I would have thought this was the most obvious place to look for inspiration....:meh:

14. How about boxers with a bass clef over the crotch?

*crickets chirping*

Just an idea.

15. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Soon, clothing site will be up. Found a cool place for my web site! Just a few more things to do.

I'm still up for any input. Feel free to add what you would like to see on a shirt, or whatever.

16. primesuspect

primesuspect

Feb 11, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    The easiest way to become an online clothing entrepreneur is to go to www.cafepress.com and set up a store. It'll take you just a few minutes and they handle everything for you.

17. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    Ireland
    Joe, will this be a US only deal, or will shipping to europe be available???

What sort of stuff have you got lined up????

18. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Thanks, but I already have my site in the works. I have a friend of mine doing a bunch of things for me. I also have a place to have my silk-screening done, and a place to get my clothing. I just have a few things left to do.

But thanks for the link :)

19. I'd really like a chrome bass-clef emblem, akin to the "Jesus fish" emblems, to put on my car. I'm not so down with bumper stickers, but I think this would be subtle, but cool...very much like a bassist!

-Nick Park