Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking out for his Family, Man (Barrett)

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Howard K, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
  2. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    yes, agreed.

i've got 4 marley albums, not sure which he plays on.. but babylon by bus is amazing... he makes one note sound so good! :)

3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    positive vibration is my fav i think... the break down in the middle of the song with the bass pounding away slowely, damn nice

4. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I'm all for musicians getting what they're owed, but the article does say that he took a monetary settlement in 1994 (probably forfeiting his right to future royalties). I'm interested to know how he intends to argue this (as a law student) - I'm going to try and follow this one in the law reports.

5. BigTed

BigTed

Jul 1, 2002
    San Diego
    ...Argh. Have you seen any pictures or videos of Rita Marley lately? She has soooo much gold strewn about her, she looks like Mr. T. Also, tell me if I'm wrong, but 6 to 10 years ago, the Marley family was fighting with themselves over the Marley "Franchise." Bob must be turning in his grave.

The Family man though is one of my Favorites. Babylon by Bus is my favorite of his with the Wailers. Have you heard his solo stuff Cobra Style and Family Man in Dub? They're Top Notch!!!

6. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    Rita Marley is the Yoko Ono of reggae! Ever since she has gained control over the Marley estate, she has raised prices on the Marley catolog...screwed Family Man, and never gives Lee Perry any credit.
    Money changes everything:(