1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking to build 4x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by VisualShock, Mar 17, 2009.

1. VisualShock

VisualShock

Feb 19, 2008
    North Wales
    As the title says, i am looking to build a 4x12, but in a vertical array, simmilar to:

[​IMG]

The cones i want to put in i need to be able to handle a total of atleast 1000 watts, (so looking at around 250 watts per cone)

I deffinately want it to look like a stack, rather than a single cab. i'd prefer it to be tilt-and-roll like an 8x10.

Does anybody have any experience, or designs that i could use/adopt?

I'm very open to suggestions about the actual format of the cab with regards to freq. response etc:hyper:

2. h2blink

h2blink

Feb 10, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    im in the process of designing a very similar cabinet. still doing a lot of research. I've been up and down this forum with cabinet designing and projects members have done. There is a lot of info out there but not so much on building a tall 4x12 vertical cab.

I was looking to build one similar to the aggie gs412 (two ports) and MAYBE a tweeter using the Eminence 12" neo.

i'll post back when i have more info on my design. hope someone one here has some nice info and pics as well!

check out this thread too. good pics
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476458&highlight=4x12