Looking to buy my 2nd bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brobaldi, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Brobaldi

Sep 21, 2005
    hey all, im new here, so i guess i should say hi before i do anything, so hey lol, so onto the point of this whole thing...

i've been playing for 2 years now, and i think im outgrowing my olp ray, its a good bass ,and its held up well, but i just want something new. Im into blues and jazz, as well as indie and classic rock, and im looking for a bass that can do all that. My main candidate is a geddy lee sig,its much better than just a standard mim,and i love rush :hyper: , which later ill mod to my personal pref.... i was just wondering, is there any other basses out there you guys would recomend? thanks for everything in advance !
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Everyone knows you're supposed to steal second.
  3. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    I agree. But seriously, the Geddy Lee Jazz would be an excellent choice for you, but only if you like thin necks. The GLJ's neck is quite thin, whihc can be preferable. However, my ideal Jazz would have a Precision neck. It's all about feel.
  4. I'm assuming you're going 4-string...so...

Fender Jazz for sure...also...

Yamaha BB614...at least check one out...they're quite versatile with still that old school sound.

Fender deluxe P (the PJ fender)

G&L Tribute L2000 - great bass

EB Bongo - very versatile - doubles as a toilet seat :D

Lakland Darryl Jones

5. SeanE

Sep 20, 2005
    I'm very happy with my Japanese Fernandez Vintage Series J-bass. If you add a bridge upgrade, badass or something else, you'll have a Geddy Lee for less $$. MIM J's are good, but I prefer my Fernandez.