1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking to change up my Precision knockoff.

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by JasonKain, Aug 10, 2012.

1. JasonKain

JasonKain

Nov 24, 2008
    Ahoy. I have a project in the works for my future, and that's changing up my Douglas. Got it from Rondo Music and sent it to the shop to get it set up in C standard with black nylon tapewounds. Enjoying it so far, but the sound is not quite where I'd like it. I plan on changing out the pots and cap, but I'm also wondering on dropping in a bridge pickup and a pickup selector. I'm going to keep the singlecoil p where it is, but I'm wondering about dropping in a second singlecoil p towards the bridge, or maybe snagging a TV Jones pickup of some type.

I know I'm not going to go with a Jazz or Musicman pickup, as I already have those setups. Wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions.

2. If you like the sound of a Fender Blacktop Jazz. Perhaps a 2nd set of P-pups in the bridge area would work for you.

3. Stealth

Stealth

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    A TV Jones pickup in the bridge position would be an interesting choice. Or a second single-coil P. The last unusual combination I've seen around here was a single-coil P in the neck position and a Nordstrand Big Single in the bridge position and it sounded cool.