looking to get a new amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by T.Rex, Apr 17, 2018.

1. T.Rex

T.Rex

Sep 19, 2015
    Canada
    im currently using a TNT peavy 150 amp with a 5 string passive bass - darkglass b3k V1 into a darkglass vintage deluxe V1
    im interested in getting some suggestions from you guys on bass amps that i can use, the drummer i jam with has a pretty close setup to the one in the video. looking to spend around $300 - $600
    and only combo amps

im not looking for a best amp for metal just some suggestions on brands and certain types of amps i might be interested in for high gain/treble type music

im basically trying to get this bass tone in the video below

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  2. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    GK is a great bang for the buck amp, and has a bright tone. But if you are playing in a band you may have to up your budget. Look at the MB-500 head - I've seen them here used for about $350. Their neo cabs are also a good buy.

ELG60 likes this.
  3. shawshank72

shawshank72

Mar 22, 2009
    Canada
    Find yourself a used GK MB212.

4. JtSD619

JtSD619

Nov 10, 2011
    San Diego
    +1 GK :thumbsup:

5. Another GK option is the MB150S but you will have to go second hand market, new they are $800.
    I never tried the MB115-II but you can get them new for less than $500

6. Basscasey

Basscasey

Apr 17, 2018
    Portland, OR
    How funny. As soon as I saw the Meshuggah video I was going to suggest Darkglass. It's got that "Djenty" sound for sure. But WAAAY over your budget and you've already got the pre. But why combo only?

As others have said, GK. It's got that high end sparkle with wicked growl.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 23, 2022