looking to get this tone through something else

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve_man, May 30, 2003.

1. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    I played an eden CXC 210 the other day and I was impressed by the head!

I really like the gain. However I may very well not be purchasing this amp (may go for GK 700RB 210 - for volume and transport features).

I love the little gain button that is on the Eden WT-330 (time traveler). Is there any pedal or preamp that does this with the click of a button?
    I'm not looking for a grindy distortion or overdrive but I am looking a good growl and what I think is a good gain or boost, but that is only what I think it is (Am I right?).
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Every time I read threads like this, I feel that people are trying to get a cat to quack like a duck.

Probably your best bet is a Sansamp Bass Driver DI. Give it a shot and see if it does what you need BEFORE buying the amp.

Best of luck.
  3. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    If money were no object I would get a Super Redhead.
  4. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I agree with Eric about the Sansamp. But actually, any pedal that has a level control can do the trick for you (some better than others). I happen to use a Tech 21 Bass Compactor. Turn up the volume on the pedal, and then bypass it. Play through your rig, and then hit the pedal to give you a little boost when you need it.
  5. steve_man

May 15, 2002
    tech 21 bass compactor: seriously

I have owned one for about 2 and half years

It only gave me a clean boost. I'm looking for growl.
  6. Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Ditto, but a growly duck!!!
  7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    speaking of quacking ducks

i'll never forget bass shopping the day the store owner put down his pedulla and started playing a $100 memphis bass
    i didnt know he switched until i turned around
    maybe it is the wizard and not the wand huh?:p
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    hell yeah! but be honest, the solid gold, precious gem encrusted 6 foot staff kicks the crap out of the little debarked crooked twig ;)