Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking to Organize my CD's

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Petary791, Feb 3, 2006.

1. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    So i'm cleaning the basement, and i'm just finding tons and tons of CD's. I would like something to organize 100+ CD's. I would like it to be so I don't have to remove them out of their jewel Cases.

2. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Any kind of a cd tower. Or, you could buy these nifty cd arranging bags from Tv-shop, now with labels!

3. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You have over 100 Jewel CDs? Crazy. You must have at least 5 of each one.

brad cook

4. They have these things that are like a little round thing that stores loads of cd's (look below)... or just buy a MP3 PLAYER!

[​IMG]

5. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    That doesn't hold the jewel cases. And I do have a 60 GB iPod, but I like listening to CD's in the car and stuff because my car is lame and won't let me hook up my iPod. I've tried jsut about everything.

6. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Or, you could just get a bunch of those 100 cd chargers.

7. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I have probably 500 or so CDs and I generally use those standard CD racks that hold them up sideways in their cases.

brad cook

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    It look's like someone is going to Ikea this weekend!!

Say hello to Ingmar for us. :D

-Mike

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I was thinking more along the lines of 50 of each one. :p

-Mike

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I don't get it... what am I not seeing...?

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Because you capitalized the J in jewel, it sounds like you have your 100+ cds all in cases like this:
    [​IMG]

It always kills a good joke when you have to explain it. Brad, my deepest condolences.

12. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    You guys are so silly!!!!

13. HAHA Who are you? my grandma?

14. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    We're not the ones who own over a hundred Jewel albums. Most of us have the common sense and intelligence to stop at 46 copies.

15. Also you could go with a good old fashioned case. Alot easier to search through your collection. Also much more space efficient than those rediculous jewel cases...

[​IMG]

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    For the love of Jewel cases, can you guys stop pushing cases on him he doesn't want!! :D

The man wants a case that will hold his Jewel CD's in their plastic cases that flip open.

-Mike

17. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What do I know?

brad cook

18. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    :scowl:

brad cook

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    What if we were over here trying to make these jokes about Jewel but he really DID mean Jewel and not jewel and it turned out he just compulsively buys Jewel CDs any time he sees them.

brad cook

20. Bryan R. Tyler

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    In an attempt to be normal? Maybe Patrick Stewart will kidnap him and Petray791'll have to try to bite his nose off.